On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:31:03PM -0700, Glen Gross wrote:
> I built a 4.1.1 kernel, and the module was built, but when I load the ipfw
> module with
> #kldload ipfw
> it defaults to a deny_all policy, even though I have default_to_accept in my
> kernel configuration.
> This makes it difficult to configure remotely without getting locked out of the
> system.
> Is there a way to cause the ipfw module to default to a different policy upon
> For now it appears that I am locked out, until I can access the console.

Your kernel configuration has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with your module builds.

[hawk-billf] /usr/src > cat sys/modules/ipfw/Makefile
# $FreeBSD: src/sys/modules/ipfw/Makefile,v 1.13 2000/05/27 01:13:50 peter Exp $

.PATH:  ${.CURDIR}/../../netinet
KMOD=   ipfw
SRCS=   ip_fw.c
#If you want it verbose
#If you want it to pass all packets by default

Guess what you should uncomment....

Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.