On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:59:16PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> I just tried using tap in current.  In both cases I don't see the
> /dev/tapX devices with devfs and accessing it without devfs doesn't
> work reporting "Device not configured".  I tried it as a module and
> built into the kernel.  Does anyone have this working?

With devfs, you just need to try opening the device and you'll get it if
it's not busy.  You can also open /dev/tap and get an arbitrary one.
This is due to tun(4) style cloning code I committed recently.  I'm not
actually sure this is the way we want to handle cloning hybrid devices,
but there is precident so I committed the patch.  I think we may want to
move to a model were we use interface cloning rather then devfs cloning
because it will work in stable.

-- Brooks

PGP signature