On 07-Feb-02 Georg-W Koltermann wrote:
> At Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:33:14 -0500 (EST),
> John Baldwin wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> I guess.  Note that you can use a loader tunable 'debug.witness_watch' to
>> turn
>> witness off from the loader.  If it's set to 0 witness won't be used even if
>> it's compiled into the kernel (just a general FYI, witness(4) documents this
>> as
>> well).
>
> Nice feature, thanks for the hint.  I can't find it documented in
> witness(4), however:
>
>     hunter# grep -i watch /usr/src/share/man/man4/witness.4
>     hunter#
>
> CVSup is from Feb 6.

Hmm, doh.  I document the other loader tunables and sysctls, just not
debug.witness_watch.  If someone with some mdoc fu and spare time wants to add
a para noting that debug.witness_watch can be set to 0 as a loader tunable to
turn off witness and that the read-only sysctl debug.witness_watch can be used
at runtime to see if witness is enabled or not.

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/