> Certainly -- the intent that I expressed in my original e-mail was to fish
> for people's thoughts on the issue, which would then be codified in some
> form.  I'm interested in hearing a little more back on how people feel
> about the notion of how larger projects should coordinate work given the
> assumption that "locks" are advisory, but plan to write up a strawman
> sometime in the next week or so.  Probably the process forward there will
> be to run the first pass by the core team for some immediate feedback
> regarding the strength of the recommendations, and whether it meets our
> goals concerning addressing the problems that have been discussed.  Then
> I'll spit a copy out for more general comments.

Sounds like a great plan to me.  Alas I think you'll get more feedback once
you have the strawman proposal, people just seem to work that way.

Later,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NIC:GN82

"Those who would trade liberty for temporary security deserve neither"
                                                - Benjamin Franklin