>No, Core has just said that he doesn't because he can over-rule any change
>in the kernel. And there is no requirement for him to justify it.

   That is definately *NOT* what core has said. Please go re-read our
announcement of the SMPng tech lead appointment. We specifically indicate
that the tech lead is obligated to provide justification for any decisions
that he may make.

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
President, Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.