On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Brooks Davis wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 02:16:45PM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:

Is that the full ufs2 patch?  phk also committed a quick fix for dump.

> > > Can you reduce PHK's ufs2 patch down to the minium required to fix dump?
> > > That could then be committed now.
> >
> > The changes to dump are rather large so I doubt I'd have much luck.
> > Also, it appears I spoke too soon.  I was able to dump / and /var, but
> > my /usr partition failed when I did another amanda run.  I'm running a
> > new test to /dev/null to see if I get anything useful out of it.
>
> Here's a sample of the errors I'm seeing:
>
>   DUMP: read error from /dev/ad0s2f: Invalid argument: [sector -1980991191]: count=-1
>   DUMP: read error from /dev/ad0s2f: Invalid argument: [sector -1980991190]: count=-1

I saw similarly bogus sector (block) numbers when I first debugged this
problem.  They were caused by missing prototypes.  32-bit block numbers
were passed to unprototyped functions that expected daddr_t block numbers.
When daddr_t was changed to 64 bits, there was garbage in the top 32 bits.

dump doesn't compile cleanly at a high WARNS level, so now would be a good
time to WARNSify it.

Bruce