On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:13:39PM -0700, Juli Mallett wrote:
> If no file is specified for nm to operate on it operates on a.out by default
> like most other programs that deal with binaries.
>
> If a.out does not exist, then you will indeed see that.

Thanks for the clarification, I expected it to print a version string
(because I was only interested in seeing that it does not die after the
pmap fix) but had to find out from the man page, that nm(1) uses -V for
that, while all other members of the binutils family opt for -v. Oh
well... Consistency in software design rocks.

So, problem solved.

Thanks to all who responded.

--
Regards: