On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:50:00PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> (2) a
> fixed onboard usb port.  The K7 had a broken on-board usb (the AMD
> chipset had a PCI contention bug for the usb port, so the tin back panel
> of the board blocked out the usb, and the K7 came with a PCI usb card,
> which ate up one of your PCI slots.

Strange, my UCB works.  I don't have a back panel (was an early release
mobo), but I have used a USB Zip drive with this mobo.  I haven't been
able to get my USB printer working; but that seemed more due to our USB
support than hardware.

> I think the K7 had only AGP; the K7X has AGP-Pro; doesn't mean much yet,
> but if you're a gaming maven, maybe it'll be important pretty quickly now.

Mine has AGP-pro.

Not saying the K7X isn't better.  Just that maybe the Thunder K7 isn't so
bad.