On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 19:38, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 7:27 PM -0600 7/16/02, Eric Anholt wrote:
> >It notably doesn't include md5summing of Wraphelp.c.  If I can
> >find what's the 'best' Wraphelp.c (and most legal?  What's the
> >status of wraphelp importing/exporting?), I'll switch it.  Is
> >there any circumstance when someone wouldn't have access to
> >Wraphelp.c?
>
> I thought the whole point of Wraphelp.c was that the person who
> runs the machine (whatever machine X is being installed on) has
> to obtain that file, so they would have to explicitly verify that
> they -- personally -- have the right to use it.
>
> Mind you, I did that once about seven years ago, and I just keep
> copying that Wraphelp.c around to wherever I need it.  I have no
> idea what the current requirement is...   :-)

It used to be that way.  Then within the last year (iirc) our ports
changed to auto-downloading Wraphelp.c and defaulting to HasXdmAuth
YES.  I don't know what exactly changed legally.  I noted that at least
NetBSD has a Wraphelp.c in their CVS repos of X-3 and X-4.

My changes do make the file required by all of the miniports that could
use it, though it only gets used if HasXdmAuth is set to YES by imake-4
(it's default).

--
Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/