I just bought an new battery and that combined with the fact that
I've seen so many recent emails about acpi that I decided to check my
laptop.  I've never really been able to take advantage of acpi with it
and may never be able to, but previously I was able to do an acpidump
and now I get:

/root # acpidump
/*
RSD PTR: Checksum=202, OEMID=PTLTD, RsdtAddress=0x0fffbea3
 */
acpidump: RSDT is corrupted

with  sysctl

/root # sysctl hw.acpi
sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.acpi'

with kldstat

/root # kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   12 0xc0100000 349ffc   kernel
 2    1 0xc044a000 90b0     snd_maestro3.ko
 3    1 0xc0454000 3fea8    acpi.ko
 4    1 0xc241a000 5000     linprocfs.ko
 5    1 0xc24d9000 14000    linux.ko

I seem to have the module loaded automatically.

Is this probably a configuration issue, an acpi problem or could it be a
problem with the bios?

Thanks,

ed