On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:13:26AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> NBD wouldn't be hard to implement on FreeBSD, the easiest way would
> be to write two GEOM modules to do it: a client and a server.
>
> No, I don't have time to do that right now, but I will happily
> guide anybody who wants to try.

This would be extremely useful, if there is someone out there with
enough Copious Free Time<tm> to tackle it.  With UFS2 now in the tree it
is possible to create filesystems much larger than anyone is likely to
connect to a single physical machine.  The ability to build storage
clusters using FreeBSD would be quite cool.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 http://www.geekpunk.net

"We've been raised on replicas of fake and winding roads, and day after day up
on this beautiful stage we've been playing tambourine for minimum wage, but we
are real; I know we are real."  -- David Berman