On Thursday 13 March 2008 06:21:11 Vadim Goncharov wrote:
> Hi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:00:55 GMT; [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about 'Re:
kern/80642: [ipfw] [patch] ipfw small patch - new RULE OPTION':
> > State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
> > State-Changed-By: vwe
> > State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 12 20:58:32 UTC 2008
> > State-Changed-Why:
> > Awaiting maintainer interest.
> > This may be useful for one, so we're not just closing this silently.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=80642
>
> Yes, this is useful, but some minor changes are needed, I think. First,
> rename it to "bytelimit" or somewhat. Second, allow this to use tablearg
> and possibly ability to reference a counter to corresponding dynamic rule,
> to allow this to act for a specific IP or connection without need to write
> many rules. Third, add packet counter as well. That's all possible with one
> opcode, though...

I think the best would be that it works as "limit src-ip N" does, using
perhaps the limit keyword as well but as in ".... limit max-bytes N" what
would give sufficient possibilities for pass and skipto etc

--

Atenciosamente, J.M.
Responsável Plantão Site Support Matik