Hi AT Matik!

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:26:07 -0300; AT Matik wrote about 'Re: kern/80642:
[ipfw] [patch] ipfw small patch - new RULE OPTION':

> kern/80642: [ipfw] [patch] ipfw small patch - new RULE OPTION':
>>> State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
>>> State-Changed-By: vwe
>>> State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 12 20:58:32 UTC 2008
>>> State-Changed-Why:
>>> Awaiting maintainer interest.
>>> This may be useful for one, so we're not just closing this silently.
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=80642
>>
>> Yes, this is useful, but some minor changes are needed, I think. First,
>> rename it to "bytelimit" or somewhat. Second, allow this to use tablearg
>> and possibly ability to reference a counter to corresponding dynamic rule,
>> to allow this to act for a specific IP or connection without need to write
>> many rules. Third, add packet counter as well. That's all possible with one
>> opcode, though...
> I think the best would be that it works as "limit src-ip N" does, using
> perhaps the limit keyword as well but as in ".... limit max-bytes N" what
> would give sufficient possibilities for pass and skipto etc

Dynamic rules should be reworked in more general way than this. I'll write
a proposal with ideas to discuss later...

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]