Well after almost 24 hours later, here is what happened...
Shortly after your last post, the situation got worse. I tried banging the switch with a screwdriver, and that was it.
No more switch. The link light kept flashing, so I knew it was pretty much dead.
Just so happens, that its a Friday evening, and banks were closed, credit card is maxed out from Christmas, so
I had to endure a dead network till today.
Got me a brand new switch from Circuit City, and all seems to be well in the universe. No more errors...
Thanks for all the help...