Atom Powers writes:

Yes. All the servers I'm installing this year will have SATA drives
(and 3ware RAID controllers). The Western Digital Raptor drives are
every bit as good as the SCSI drives I used to get.

Perhaps as the ones you used to get, but not as good as you can get.

Dont get me wrong.. I can get approval to go SCSI since our machines need at least 1T+ (the storage machines), but looking at the benchmarks at storagereview (http://storagereview.com) shows there is still a significant performance difference between SCSI and SATA. _______________________________________________