Hi!

> I am having trouble redirecting root's email to an external email
> account.  This is a 4.7-Release box with not very modifications done to
> the standard installation.

> When I look at /var/spool/clientmqueue, it is full of messages.  Here is
> a snippet of one:

> MDeferred: Operation timed out with localhost.visimation.com.

I'm not a big Sendmail expert or anything, but do you even have the MTA
process running? Can you successfully telnet localhost.visimation.com
port 25? What sendmail related lines do you have in /etc/rc.conf?
--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* All wiyht.  Rho sritched mg kegboawd awound?