On 11/23/06, Olivier Nicole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And how can one into the System by booting from a CD if it still
> requires the Password even in Single User mode?

Booting from CD, floppy or hard disk is slected at BIOS level.

Booting in single or multi user mode is at Operating system level.

Booting is in the following order:

1) BIOS select what medium to boot from

2) the operating system boot from the selected medium

So when it comes to the Single user password, itis already at stage 2)
it has passed the stage 1 (booting from hard disk ofr CD) without
password.

Olivier

So, it means, that I should take the following steps

1. Password on BIOS
2. Change the order of booting i.e. When system is installed and working
once, then I just the change the Booting FIRST from HardDisk.
3. Put the password on Single User mode.

So, what more? Do you people think that I have got somehow security barrier
for unauthorized access?

--
Thanks!

BR / vj