i've been experimenting with the firefox plugins in recent days,
        and hhave slammed into something I don't understand.  Many web
        pages are on domain are in pHP.  Now when I try to view myown
        pages, I get a popup dialog named Opening that reads:

        "You have chosen to open

        [ .... ]  (blank)

        which is a: appplication/x-httpd-php
        from http://www.thought.org

          What should Firefox do with this file?"

        The one of three options *not* greyed out is:

        (*) Save to Disk

        What's going on?  And/or: how did I shoot myself in the foot?

        thanks for any insights; a couple of these addon are useful...

        gary