Hi;
I have a production server that I've crashed a few times by working on it
directly and making mistakes. As a result, I've finally built a mock server on
my home PC on a separate hard drive with nothing but FBSD. I also have a
laptop. All are connected by DHCP to a satellite dish. My question is, how can
I surf my laptop to pull up Web pages generated from the home-based FBSD
machine? What kind of networking is necessary? How do I call it up? Can this be
handled through DHCP, or do I need to use BIND? Or something else? What good
resources are out there for studying this? The FBSD manual wasn't much help,
unfortunately.

Conversely, I could surf to the FBSD machine from the FBSD machine. But I built
this mock server like my workhorse...no mouse, no X, no browser. Would I have
to rebuild it to incorporate those? Or just build stuff from ports? Finally,
which solution is easiest...surfing from the laptop or from the FBSD machine?
TIA,
Drew