Hello,

I'm trying to establish whether I can expect the Adaptec AAR-1220SA or AAR-1430SA SATA cards to work with 6.2. They're not on the list of supported hardware, which does include a lot of the other Adaptec cards. However, the Adaptec cards that are listed all seem to be hardware RAID cards, whereas the 1220SA and 1430SA use something called 'HostRAID', which I think just means software raid. Does this just mean that I'll be unable to use the RAID functionality on the cards, not really a concern, or are they unlikely to work at all?

Many thanks,

Chris Key