Hi,

Did you try to call:

xhost +localhost

before your su command?

Looks like your X session is not letting your other user access your display.

$.02, hope it helps.

/Paul

Dennis wrote:
kitsune wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:23:18 +0100
Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm a former kde user, using Windowmaker now....

And in the past i always used RUN in kde, to startup my favourite irc client...

RUN had several options to execute programs under a different user etc, which comes in handy when using IRC...

if that run thing was a command that can be done then it can still be used under windowmaker...

But now i need to use SU i think to accomplish this, but it doesnt work :(

wierd it works here...
su <username> -c <command>

example...
su kitsune -c scilab
this will su user kitsune and then run scilab

Does anyone know which command i can use to execute an X program under a different user?

this will work too...
ssh 127.0.0.1 -X -l <username>
the -X turns on X forwarding

when i try su [user] -c xchat, i get this error:

Xlib: No protocol specified

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

RUN in kde was a kde-specific command...i think it was in the KDE Panel