"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Andrew:

I've seen a similar problem from time to time with Outlook 2003 clients. For
seemingly no reason whatsoever, they give a timeout sending mail. Googling
the error code throws up many with the same error and no solution that I've
found. Telneting to port 25 or even running the Outlook test mail account
feature still work, while Outlook comlains it can't send.

The workaround is to quit Outlook and start again. By quitting Outlook, the
user must choose 'exit' from the 'file' menu. Simply closing the close box
still leaves Outlook in memory and the problem remains. The problem seems to
happen perhaps once or twice a month for some users.

Regards,

Barry