On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:34:15 -0400, Chess Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use an original model M made in the mid 1980's and love it.

Same here, too. I'm actually typing this on it (black logo,
detachable HIL cable).

> You can
> still order used and new original Model M's from
> http://www.clickykeyboards.com/ including the 84-key space saver model.

If I may ask this at this time the topic came up: Is there a
manufacturer that sells the "mainframe terminal keyboards" with
the two lines (24) function keys and cross cursor control in
a PC-compatible variant?

I'm talking about something like this:

        http://www.affirmtech.net/Affirmative_Thin_Client%20.jpg

I know Cherry (Auerbach, Oberpfalz, Germany) did sell them many
years ago, even other ones with DEC LK250 or POS layout with
re-legendable keys (wow!), but they don't seem to be available
anymore.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany