I think it would be in beta for decades :) There's just so much thing
they said they'll do that would be very complicated to implement - their
multiprocessing model instead of multithreading for example. To me it
looks like they will soon find out that there's a reason todays browsers
behave like they to - the platform (HTML, CSS, JS, Flash...) is very
complex.

anyway what a point of using google software having other alternatives.

do you really like to everything be controlled by one company? google mail, google news, google browser, even google documents.

within few years - google WWW (incompatible with normal).