On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:14:05PM +0100, Kemian Dang wrote:
> Daniel Bye wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 04:58:10PM +0100, Kemian Dang wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I have a FreeBSD 7 Stable box with a nVidia 6150 Go Graphic Card.
> >>Everything was OK sometime before, but after a series updated on ports,
> >>( I am not sure about the time, I have not use OpenGL stuff for long
> >>time) running a program with OpenGL will cause the X crashed.
> >
> >[ -- snip -- ]
> >
> >>The last crash is when I choose a OpenGL screensaver.
> >>
> >>The ports is updated nearly daily, and I think this may happen after
> >>sometime after I updated the latest nVidia-driver.
> >>
> >>Any ideas about this problem?
> >
> >Try reinstalling the nVidia driver port. It installs its own GL libs,
> >which may have been replaced by another port, depending on the order in
> >which your ports were updated. Reinstalling should ensure you have the
> >correct libs in the correct place...
> >
> >Dan
> >

> Thanks for reply Daniel.
>
> I have re-installed the nvidia-driver and tested OpenGL - Crash again.
> So it seems not the case...

Rats! Sorry that didn't help.

One other thing occurs to me - you mentioned you updated some ports. Have
you also updated your system source tree without doing a full buildworld
cycle? If so, chances are that your nVidia driver is built against a
different version of the kernel source than the running kernel. Although
any differences will be minimal, there is a chance that something changed
enough to upset the driver.

Failing that, all I can suggest is that you keep an eye on your console
and see if the driver emits any messages just before it chokes.

Good luck!

Dan

--
Daniel Bye