Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:
On Sunday 28 September 2008 09:29:55 Daniel Bye wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:14:05PM +0100, Kemian Dang wrote:
Daniel Bye wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 04:58:10PM +0100, Kemian Dang
wrote:
Hi all,

I have a FreeBSD 7 Stable box with a nVidia 6150 Go
Graphic Card. Everything was OK sometime before, but
after a series updated on ports, ( I am not sure about
the time, I have not use OpenGL stuff for long time)
running a program with OpenGL will cause the X crashed.
[ -- snip -- ]

The last crash is when I choose a OpenGL screensaver.

The ports is updated nearly daily, and I think this may
happen after sometime after I updated the latest
nVidia-driver.

Any ideas about this problem?
Try reinstalling the nVidia driver port. It installs its
own GL libs, which may have been replaced by another
port, depending on the order in which your ports were
updated. Reinstalling should ensure you have the correct
libs in the correct place...

Dan
Thanks for reply Daniel.

I have re-installed the nvidia-driver and tested OpenGL -
Crash again. So it seems not the case...
Rats! Sorry that didn't help.

One other thing occurs to me - you mentioned you updated some
ports. Have you also updated your system source tree without
doing a full buildworld cycle? If so, chances are that your
nVidia driver is built against a different version of the
kernel source than the running kernel. Although any
differences will be minimal, there is a chance that something
changed enough to upset the driver.

  I was having similar problems with the nvidia driver on my
6.4-PRERELEASE machine.

  The solution was to remove agp and drm related drivers from
the kernel configuration and setting:

hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPFW=1
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPSBA=1

  In my sysctl.conf, and also setting:

    Option         "NvAGP" "3"

  In my xorg.conf in the Screen section...

  The concrete problem -- not related with GL failures -- was
system freezing with /sysctl -a/ command on terminal emulators from X server.

  I hope it would help.

Failing that, all I can suggest is that you keep an eye on
your console and see if the driver emits any messages just
before it chokes.

Good luck!

Dan

Best regards,

Does not work.
I have removed the agp in kernel(there is no drm in my kernel), set the
sysctl.conf and the xorg.conf. Recompiled and restarted my laptop.
Xorg still crashed when I selecting the OpenGL Screen Saver.

I can use sysctl -a, here is the result:

11:05pm kemian ~> sysctl -a |grep nvidia
hw.nvidia.version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module 173.14.12 Thu Jul 17 18:06:02 PDT 2008 hw.nvidia.registry.EnableVia4x: 0 hw.nvidia.registry.EnableALiAGP: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.NvAGP: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.ReqAGPRate: 15
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPSBA: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPFW: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.Mobile: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.ResmanDebugLevel: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.RmLogonRC: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.ModifyDeviceFiles: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.DeviceFileUID: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.DeviceFileGID: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.DeviceFileMode: 438
hw.nvidia.registry.RemapLimit: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.UpdateMemoryTypes: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.UseVBios: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.RMEdgeIntrCheck: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.UsePageAttributeTable: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.dwords:
hw.nvidia.cards.0.model: GeForce Go 6150
hw.nvidia.cards.0.irq: 21
hw.nvidia.cards.0.vbios: 05.51.28.52.25
hw.nvidia.cards.0.type: PCI
dev.nvidia.0.%desc: GeForce Go 6150
dev.nvidia.0.%driver: nvidia
dev.nvidia.0.%parent: vgapci0

BTW, I have tried games/apoolGL, crashed as it started.

Thanks,
Kemian