Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I installed FBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE amd64 version on an Intel Core2Duo box
with 4 GB of RAM.  The main purpose of this box is to run the Urchin web
analysis software from Google.  The Urchin installation docs
(https://secure.urchin.com/helpwiki/en/Urchin_Installation_Guide_(FreeBSD_a
nd_Linux)) contain a note for FreeBSD users waring of a "hard coded process
datasiz limit of 500 MB" and instruct on to set "kern.maxdsiz="1073741824""
in /boot/loader.conf.  However FBSD 7.1 doesn't appear to have this
sysctl.  How can I do the equivalent of this in FBSD 7.1?

Thanks,

Drew

I don't think you need to increase the datasize on 64bit FreeBSD. It seems that the default datasize is really large: 32GB

You can check using the 'limits' command.

Thank you.  You are correct.

urchin> limits -Hd
Resource limits (current):
 datasize         33554432 kB

I guess I need to look elsewhere to resolve my problem.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!