I did make installkernel, which was successful

but make installworld failed again now, I ended up with a new kernel/old system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Bye
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 4.7 Upgrade issue

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 01:34:31PM +0000, rew wrote:

> Hello to all FreeBSD users, supporters, developers.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Sat Jun 29 to RELENG_4_7
>
> sysctl -a | grep secure -> kern.securelevel: -1
>
> 1) rm -rf /usr/src/*  (backed up kernel cfg before)
> 2) rm -rf /usr/obj/*
> 3) cvsup-ed RELENG_4_7
> 4) make buildworld    -> successfull
> 5) make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL -> successfull
> 6) make installworld  -> following error:
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/install.55427
> for prog in [ awk cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep find grep  ln make
> makewhatis mtree mv perl pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl  test true uname wc zic; do  cp
> `which $prog` /tmp/install.55427;  done
> usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-pv] src target
>        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i] [-pv] src1 ... srcN directory
> *** Error code 64
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> What is wrong?

You must installkernel and reboot before you can installworld.
Read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
for more details.

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \