On Thursday 27 February 2003 11:08, someone, possibly Soeren Schmidt, typed:
> > I've already thought of that and the guy on site says the Promise
> > cables are 18 inches.
>
> Which is just about right...
>
> -Søren

Strange, I was told 30cm emphatically by our local techie, but Søren did
write the driver, so he's probably more correct than my techie. My mistake
:)

Søren, what else could be causing this? On bootup, Len's system complains:

> ad4: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device
> ad6: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device

Yet the controller's BIOS is satisfied with the cables, and they are within
the length boundaries as you have correctly pointed out.

Any ideas?

Will

--
Willie Viljoen