On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Mehul Ved <mehul.n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) I am not able to find mplayer for 5.5 so I tried to get it's
> package from 5-RELEASE, which lists lots of dependancies. How do I get
> mplayer package for 5.5

Hello,

Try the ports collection and see if it can build that way.  mplayer
imho is the very best choice here and yeah, you may have to experiment
with options like --hardframedrop and the like: RTFM. :)

More information on the ports collection here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/ports-using.html

Ports is a system to download and compile software on your system, so
it tends to be more useful for older versions of FreeBSD for which
package support has been dropped.  If ports can get you running then
yeah upgrading the machine would be a good call.

Sincerely,
-daniel

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com