> I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but I have tried elsewhere
> and go no response.
>
> I want to install wine, but without X on the system.

Why would you expect this to be possible?  The GUI is an integral part
of MS Windows ... I can't imagine how wine would work at all without X
installed -- which is probably why you're not getting any answers.

Perhaps you should back up and consider what you're trying to accomplish.
If you don't need a GUI, then what programs do you expect to run under
wine, and is there some better way to get them?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com