-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Wojciech
Puchar
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:17 PM
To: Adam Vandemore
Cc: questi...@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Modern FreeBSD Installer?

>> as better than sysinstall.
> Once upon time, there was a Summer of Code projects set to develop a
> graphical installer for FBSD 7.x.  I don't know what happened to it,
but also
> agree there is no need for such a thing.  Sysinstall may appear
intimidating
> but it's really quite easy to use once you're used to it.

i don't understand WHY something has to be better just because it's
working in graphics mode.

it doesn't make sense.

IMHO numbers and letters look the same in the scary dark place, a TUI,
or GUI.  Better device detection, faster, more packages, etc. would all
be "better" and should be more of a priority than making a GUI
installer.  I'm a function before form person, so pretty GUI's don't
really impress me much.  Make it detect my hardware CORRECTLY and
install the right stuff fairly quickly and I'm happy!

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."