Polytropon wrote:
<...>

There is NO thing that works for everyone, a one size fits all
egg-laying wool milk sow; in Germany, we call this "eierlegende
Wollmilchsau", a device (or system) that does everything under
any circumstances, for everyone.

People are different, that's why there are many ways to go for
them to choose from. In the past, I chose DOS for some things,
OS/ES for others, and later on, Linux; today, FreeBSD is my
choice. I can't tell what I will use in the future, because
I don't know my requirements of tomorrow.

Things may change. FreeBSD is an operating system that has
so much potential, and can be used in many different fields
of work (and play, and entertainment, and learning).

One of the reasons it's so versatile is the fact that it runs
on minimum conditions, still offering the whole power. You
run the same OS on a 150 MHz P1 as you run on a 5 million GHz
Uber-server. THAT is modern. :-)

Well said. As I've come to expect from Polyptron. And by that, I hope this godforsaken discussion has come to an end. As there's no such thing as an "eierlegende Wollmilchsau", there will always be people who object, no matter how things are done, and I cannot see the point in continuing this any further.

--

Rolf Nielsen