I want to know out of your experience people the following,
1- How open source served your businesses  requirements?
Better performance, stability & savings.

Only saving is a feature of Open Source software. Others are features of just particular programs you use!

2- What kind of application that running on Open Source?
I've seen many, mail servers, DNS servers, Cluster (HA), mysql,
apache, tomact, snort, nessus, long list, you want it you get it. Most
recent is a proxy server which is working great over FreeBSD and is
far far better than the any other $MS based server.

There are not only "open source products" and micro-soft in the world.
Of course i agree about performance of FreeBSD based setups.