On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:00:59PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> Hi, Gary
>
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Gary Kline<kl...@thought.org> wrote:
> >

> >        the main reason i don't use vim is because of its [u]ndo
> >        command.  as most of you can understand, there are a whole slew
> >        of times when i need to undo something.  too often in vim,
> >        hitting 'u' --- sometimes > once accidentally --- has resulted in
> >        a small disaster.  [[i have too many current/recent copies of
> >        my working files to do TOO much damage!]]  Anyway, is there a
> >        means of setting the undo key to mimic vi/nvi?
> >
> >        thanks,
> >
> >        gary
> >

> I don't know what the keybindings for [u]ndo in Vim versus Vi/Nvi are,
> but there was a recent thread about Vi keybindings for .vimrc.
>
> Perhaps that'll provide some insight.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Glen Barber

        hi glenn,

        yeah, i read the recent posts about the key binding and vim;
        that's what brought my question to the fore.  i did read on the
        evolution list that a gvim plugin may happen.  the main reason i
        use mutt is that my fingers know vi.  unfortunately, there're too
        many things in email now that require a gui reader.  be nice to
        be able to read in evo and if i had to reply, use gvim.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php