On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 05:44:04PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:00:30PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >

> I feel like the original vi is insufficient for my needs, but that Vim's
> development doesn't exactly match my preferences.  FreeBSD's nvi seems to
> have moved in exactly the right direction from the original vi, but not
> far enough for my needs.  As a result, I'm pretty much stuck with Vim for
> now.

        the one extension that nvi has--and the only "feature" added
        was :wn; joy's original didn't have this.  as for vim, from what
        i can glean from the docs, it does everything but pay its own
        taxes.  ---the important thing is that we don't get into a
        spitball-throwing contest over which editor is better!

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php