Hi,

After several days of fighting the @!*# Intel i810 chip,
I wonder why I had this really BAD LUCK. There are hundreds
of various graphic cards but I got the only one that does
not work.

The system installation program does not give me any
working configuration. The best I could get was some
ugly display with standard VGA, configured by XFree86 -configure.

Then, after a lot of incredibly boring tinkering I got
some kind of 800x600 display, too high and too much to
the left. The xvidtune was working very bad. Did not
react to mouse clicking for the most of the time and
it was impossible to do anything meaningfull.

Did anyone succeed with this Intel i810e chip and 1024x768
resolution at all?

Regards
mjw