On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Chip Camden
<sterl...@camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> Quoth Chad Perrin on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:24:58PM -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
>> >
>> > If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
>> > lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
>> > vim-like (among other things ;-).
>>
>> Why is "written in C" considered such a great benefit by the Scrotwm
>> developer(s)?  Earlier today, I read this on the site:
>>
>>     "On the other hand xmonad has great defaults, key bindings and
>>     xinerama support but is crippled by not being written in C."
>>
>> What's up with that?  How does Haskell "cripple" xmonad?
>>
>> --
>> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
>

> I wondered the same thing myself.  Haskell is compiled, and the result is
> very efficient.
>
> I also wondered why the mentions about being actively maintained -- it seems
> to me that xmonad gets updated pretty regularly.

I only mention scrotwm's active development, not to compare it's
development to xmonad's, but to point out that your issues will be
taken seriously . . . in a timely manner. . . not that they won't be
take seriously in the xmonad setting.

Please, use xmonad if it meets your requirements.

I apologise for suggesting "something."

Chad P., take a pill ;-)