Konrad Heuer wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Richard Shea wrote:

Hi - I currently have sendmail_enable="NO" in my rc.conf file. This
allows emails to be sent from the FBSD machine however I would like one
other machine on the LAN to use the FBSD machine as a SMTP machine.

I think sendmail_enable="YES" would do this but would then allow every
other machine on the LAN to use sendmail ? Is there some way I could
limit sendmail users by IP address ?

Yes, sendmail_enable="YES" will do the job.

FreeBSD sendmail respects the TCP wrapper config file /etc/hosts.allow;
you can limit access to sendmail there (look at "man 5 hosts_options").

Regards
Konrad

Checkout /etc/mail/access, it allows you to control who is permitted to relay trough your server.