FreeBSD 5.1-Current Possible bugs:
1. When I installed FreeBSD on my machine at work, I had 10 GB of 80 GB available for it on a partitioned hard disk. I set up FreeBSD to only have two slices in the partition, one for swap, which was 300 MB, and the remaining 9700 MB was allocated for the / slice. However, when I was in FreeBSD's Fdisk utility, I could not set up a slice larger than 9499 MB, or else the creation of the slices would fail, and so would the installation.
2. While I am in KDE in FreeBSD, but not in KDE in Linux, if I click on the Floppy Device icon before the floppy is inserted, I will not be able to access a subsequently inserted floppy disk. When I do, I get an error that says: "the device is not configured."
3. When I went to /boot/kernel and typed kldload pcm, it appeared to load up fine, no warning messages, etc. However, when I boot into KDE, KDE will not have any sound. However, if I compile PCM into the kernel and reboot, KDE's sound works just fine.
4. The Real Player port does not use FreeBSD's sound system, even though sound is working in KDE. I have found a few proposed solutions, including one from the Real One Player forum, but none work. The error message says device not found.
5. When configured with the tools available to sysinstall, and additionally when X -configure is run, the XF86Config file does not include the modes lines that I get in SuSE Linux 8.2. I ended up copying over and slightly modifying SuSE's XF86Config file for better screeen resolution.
6. Ymessenger, as installed through the ports, seems to be broken. It will install, but when its run, it says:
/usr/local/lib/libglib12.so.3: Unidentified symbol "getpwuid_r"
7. Konqueror file permission weirdness
I can access all of my FAT32 formatted partitions or disks, but when I use Konqueror to enter the directories within the mount point by clicking on them, I get an error that reads:
"You do not have enough permissions to read file:/storage/documents"
However, if I merely right click and select open in new window, it opens without a problem, and no error is shown.
I do not have this problem in SuSE Linux 8.2.
_______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"