Hello, all;

I would like to take a moment of your time. I was having some heavy frustrations on preparing a FreeBSD 5.1 server for handling centrally located accounts using OpenPAM, particularly due to my inability to locate good documentation on it. I found that the problems :

Oct  5 13:04:15 sharktooth login: in openpam_load_module(): no
pam_mysql.so found
Oct  5 13:04:15 sharktooth login: pam_start(): failed to load module

Were NOT due to the misplacement of the module. Proper permissions were in place. The concerns I had were resolved when the following individuals (many, many, many thanks to these guru's) :

  Kris Kennaway
  Mikko Työläjärvi
  Nick Rogness

Gave me pointers, advice, and properly illustrated what the problem was. For the archives sake, I am posting the results of that hassle here. The first of the problems were based on the fact that I was trying to port pam_mysql. This was failing because the mysqlclient library wasn't being located when the pam libraries were loaded. There had to be an -R/usr/local/lib/mysql added to the compilation/linker commands.

Then I ran into the errors :

Oct 6 19:22:09 sharktooth login: in openpam_dispatch(): pam_mysql.c: no pam_sm_authenticate()
Oct 6 19:22:09 sharktooth login: in openpam_dispatch(): pam_mysql.c: no pam_sm_setcred()


The functions were defined properly, and I used a number of different methods. That's when I was pointed to the Makefile as the problem. The end result switched from using ld as the linker to libtool. There are still bugs to work out, but the module is beginning to function.

Again, I offer a sincere thanks to those individuals listed above for their responses.

Joe Lewis

_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to