I'm using 4.9-RELEASE. Is is possible to upgrade Perl from the default 5.005 version to 5.8.2? I've searched Google but was unable to find anything definitive. Are there any steps required beyond installing the port? I saw a response by Kris Kennaway regarding -CURRENT (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-February/020645.html). But if one follows the thread there are some conflicting posts so I remain confused.

I'm willing to read and would appreciate any links or advice.

Thanks,

Drew