MYKERNEL is name of the custom kernel. If you want to build a new
kernel, you must give it some name, for example MYKERNEL. In handbook
you are advised to create a kernel "MYKERNEL" as a copy of kernel
"GENERIC":
# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
# cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
Then you should edit MYKERNEL and so on as described in handbook.

xc> Hii!!

xc> In the chapter "9.3 Building and installing a custom kernel"
xc> of the freebsd handbook it's written that MYKERNEL is an example
xc> but I don't know how I can find that.
xc> In fact I don't know what MYKERNEL represents.
xc> Thanks for your help.
xc> XAV LE OUF

xc> ---------------------------------
xc> Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
xc> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

xc> Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !
xc> [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
xc> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
xc> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
xc> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

--
Ñ óâàæåíèåì,
 Mikhail                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]