Perica Veljanovski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi again
>
> It turned out to be a public mail server as well! The choice for the MTA
> on fell on postfix :) Now I have to chose POP/IMAP and Virus/Spam.
>
> I would appreciate if you can give me some input on your experience with
> Cyrus or Courier, since they are my choices for pop/imap. Also I'd like
> some suggestions on what to use for virus/spam protection, and how they
> are implemented in postfix?

In addition to whatever else you do, use a greylister to prevent virus/spam.
I've been playing with different techniques for months, and the greylister
is the best I've used so far.  It never has a false positive, rejects virus/spam
before using up all the bandwidth to send it, uses almost no CPU and (in my
experience) stops about 95% of the viruses and spams.

http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies