1. What is the command for ejecting the cdrom?
I don't think there is such a command. I'm not 100% sure though.
2. Do you know if viruses exist in freebsd, like in Windows?
I believe there used to be some viri for Unix-like OSs, but they are all pretty much harmless since they aren't usually found 'in the wild'.
A quick search on www.viruslibrary.com gave me one match  - maybe someone else can comment that.
3. When I issued a netstat command, and i see something like 192.135.15... connected to
192.262.33..., what is the command for terminating
I don't know.
4. When I issued a "alias ls ls -FGh" how can I make
this alias for 'ls' permanent? And where are the
individual manpages for those built-in commands
Check your shell's man page. Given that you are using csh(1) (which is root's default shell on FreeBSD) you should add such an entry in ~/.cshrc
5. Does any version of freebsd supports mounting,
reading, and writing of ext3fs partitions of linux?
6. Can freebsd turn off my monitor or any other peripherals of my pc in a given idle time, like the "stand by" in Windows? How?(just the link)
It definitely works w/ my TFT Screen.
Depending on your BIOS and how well it is supported, you might be able to use ACPI for power-saving purposes on FreeBSD 5.x
7. What is the correct way of rebuilding my ports? In freebsd sources, I do a make buildworld and then make installworld. How do I do it in my ports collection? (e.g; make buildports, make installports??? :-)
Install /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade and read portupgrade(1)'s man page. You might also find some other resources on the internet. Use your favourite search engine :-)
--  http://www.viruslibrary.com/virusinfo/Worm.FreeBSD.Scalper.a.htm _______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"