Radu MOLNAR wrote:

<snip>

I also have the same problem that you say you found the solution to but i dont know how to pass the cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel argument to the configure script. I get the error that you mentioned in your script when i try to create a project. So at that stage how come there exists a configure script? And also you said autogen.sh creates the configure script. Isn't that file (autogen.sh) also created only then, when i create the project? I dont know much (about anything) about the auto* stuff so that's why my questions could be really stupid. I would also want to configure everything from the gui if possible to make it as painless as possible if you know how.

Thanks
Radu

-Henrik W Lund

Greetings!

I don't know where the autogen.sh script comes from, but it is this script that Anjuta executes in order to pull in stuff like libtool, ltconfig, aclocal and the like. This script then runs autoconf (having first copied it into the project directory), generating the familiar ./configure.

In order to not have the configure script fail with a libtool error regarding the --no-verify flag, you need to pass it `--target=cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel' (I don't know why the --target argument to ./configure is passed as the host variable to ltconfig. It's just one of those quirks, I guess). The most painless way of doing this entirely via the gui, I found to be the following procedure:

Make new project - watch autogen.sh fail once. Go to the menu bar and look for a menu entry that says "Configure args" (I think it's in the Project menu. If not, try the Build menu. It's been a while since I used Anjuta). In the entry box that pops up, enter `--target=cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel' and press ok. To find out what cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel that's right for you, check out the log from the initial run of ./configure. It's on a line going something like "Determining host type...".

This is what's weird... It does find it out, it just never puts it in a variable where ltconfig can find it! This doesn't really have anything to do with Anjuta, it's the whole autoconf process. Like I said, Anjuta doesn't even need to be running (as it's just an abstraction of good old-fashioned command line work).

Hope this helps!
-Henrik W Lund