On Aug 15, 2004, at 10:03 AM, Robin Becker wrote:

Sigh! I tried with 4.10 as well and that also fails. Sadly I don't have a spare IDE / drive lying about. I guess I'll have to wait on freebsd or install one of the more advanced Linux OSes

I didn't *install* on my SATA drives on Dell PowerEdge 400SC, but FreeBSD 5.2.1 didn't have any issues with them. Brought them up fresh out of their antistatic bags with the 5.2.1 installer CDROM.

Don't believe I'm having any issues with the *drives* but vinum doesn't always remember their striped volume configuration between boots.

Not sure how similar the 400SC is to your 8400. The 400SC does not have ATA RAID on the motherboard.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]