On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Jim Bryant wrote:

also, i'd like to hook up with a committer, as i'd like to have the finished drivers in the official tree.

both devices (the temper, and the imon) have uses suited to both home/workstation use, as well as server use, in fact my imon is installed in orb, which is a home multi-server (music, books, tv shows, movies, mysql, samba, etc), and i intend to use the imon vfd as a tool to get server info without having to login to the server (using the knob/button to select from a menu on the vfd), and it has uses in both home and enterprise server realms.

i think the source tree would benefit from having both drivers once completed.

Agreed, and I would also like to see a working LIRC module.