That piece of code did not help either:
usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=2, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=2, set address failed! (USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_STALLED
ugen5.2: <Unknown> at usbus5 (disconnected)
uhub_reattach_port: could not allocate new device

Do you know if there is a way to dump the USB-traffic between the disk
and a Linux system? Like I said earlier, the disk works on Ubuntu
12.04, so it might give a clue on the difference between our way of resetting
the device and their way... (tcpdump only show traffic after he rset and
address assignment)

-Guido