On 09/10/2013, at 22:43, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no> wrote:
> On 10/09/13 12:38, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> On 09/10/2013, at 20:59, Hans Petter Selasky <h...@bitfrost.no> wrote:
>> It is actually running r253505, sorry I should have mentioned that before.
>>
>> It isn't a serial device, although the driver is a thin wrapper around the
>> usb_fifo code (which is very useful - thanks :)
>
> Does your application close the file handle when it gets a read/poll error?

It might under some circumstances but not directly.

It has 3 sub interfaces, if there is an error on one the the DAQ program will
call abort() which would result in FDs being closed.

However that sub interface does not use read/poll only ioctl.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum